The University of San Diego of Law’s Appellate Moot Court board cordially invites you to compete in the 32nd Annual National Criminal Procedure Tournament. USD will hold the 2020 National Criminal Procedure Tournament remotely this year on November 6 through November 8.
- There is NO early registration, only General and Final Registration.
- Invitations to compete operate on a first come first serve basis: The first 20 teams to register during General Registration will be entered into this year’s competition. The first 10 teams to register during Final Registration will be entered in this year’s competition.
- USD Appellate Moot Court has the sole discretion to decide whether invitations will be extended during registration and to which schools invitations will be extended. USD Appellate Moot Court also reserves the right not to disclose which teams have been extended invitations.
You may register one (1) team beginning on July 2, 2020 at 9:00am PST and ending on July 11, 2020 at 11:59pm PST
All schools may register up to two (2) teams during Final Registration beginning on July 18, 2020 at 9:00am PST and ending on July 25, 2020 at 11:59pm PST. If your school has already registered a team during General Registration, it may register a second team at this time.
Complete the Google Form below. Be sure to upload the affidavit provided on the website in the Google Form!
After you have been invited to participate, the competition fee will be due beginning on August 1 through August 31, 2020. Pay your registration fee by either (1) Electronic payment via Eventbrite or (2) mailing a check made payable to: “University of San Diego – Moot Court” Checks should be mailed to the following address:
Appellate Moot Court Board
University of San Diego School of Law
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA 92110
If your school should choose to pay via electronic payment, you will receive an emailed link and a password to access the USD National Criminal Procedure Tournament Eventbrite page in order to pay the registration fee electronically on August 1.
The registration fee is $300 for one team or $600 for two teams. Your fee is non-refundable after your entry fee is made via Eventbrite or by check and mailed to the USD Moot Court Office.
If you have any questions or concerns about this year’s National Criminal Procedure Tournament, please contact our Moot Court Office at: usdmootcourttournamen
We look forward to virtually welcoming you to San Diego!
- Each team will be guaranteed four total arguments to take place over one night and one morning.
- The tournament will provide advocates with the opportunity to argue challenging and timely issues related to criminal procedure before experienced and knowledgeable members of the California Bench and Bar. Previous final round judges include Justices of the Supreme Court of California and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- If you are interested in serving as a volunteer judge for future tournaments, please e-mail: email@example.com
and provide your contact information, or click here to submit your information via our online system.